The Quadski is a dual purpose vehicle; it can be used both water and land. Quadski reaches speeds of 45mph on both water and land and transitions between them in seconds. At the press of a button the Quadski's wheels deploy when approaching land and retract after entering the water.
Previously, no commercially available amphibian has been able to exceed 10 mph on water. The difference is the breakthrough GIBBS patented technology provides unique on-water performance. Unmatched freedom on water AND land, and rapid in transition - Quadski sets a new standard in flexibility, freedom and fun for personal watercraft.
Quadski is powered by BMW Motorrad’s K1300 engine. On water the BMW engine is coupled with GIBBS patented water jet propulsion system. The Quadski is capable of attaining speeds of 45mph on both water and land. Excellent performance and comfortable ride are the result of a light weight composite hull, wide track and low centre of gravity, which gives Quadski robust stability on water and land.
- Engine: 4 cylinder 1300cc 16 valve DOHC
- Marine Propulsion: Gibbs jet drive
- Water Speed: up to 45mph
- Land Speed: up to 45mph
- Suspension: Independent coil springs and hydraulic dampers
- Brakes: 4 Wheel disk brakes (on land)
- Drive Layout (land): RWD
- Payload: up to 260lbs, 120kg (100kg rider, 20kg equipment)
- Occupants: 1
- Dry Weight: 1180Lbs (535kg) excludes fuel, rider and equipment
- Overall length: 10.5ft (3.2m)
- Overall width: 5.2ft (1.6m)
- Wheelbase: 5.9ft (1.8m)
- Approach angle: 46
- Track width: 4.6ft (1.4m)
- Overall height: 4.6ft (1.4m)
- Ground Clearance: 9in (0.23m)
- Departure angle: 26