Saturday, May 3, 2014
World’s most comprehensive dictionary: English, Spanish, Medical, Legal and more
Dictionary – get the full power of TheFreeDictionary.com, the world’s most comprehensive dictionary. English, Spanish, French, and 11 other languages, plus Medical, Legal, and other specialty dictionaries, all from the most trusted sources. Even search words without an Internet connection.
* Multiple English Dictionaries and Encyclopedias plus a Thesaurus.
* Extensive offline dictionary. Search with or without an Internet connection.
* Specialty dictionaries: Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Acronyms and Abbreviations.
* Dictionaries for 13 different languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
* Word of the Day and other fresh content updated daily.
* Games, including Spelling Bee, Match Up, Words Within Words, as well as Hangman in a dozen different languages.
* Look up words with Advanced search options, including “Starts with,” “Ends with,” and “In definition” searching.
* Jump to Definition, Translations, or Thesaurus with one button.
* Look up the definition of any word on the page with one click.
* Search for words on the page.
* Listen to American and British audio pronunciations in the English dictionary.
* Create unlimited bookmarks of your favorite words.
* Share dictionary pages via Facebook, Twitter, Email, and Text (SMS).
* Translate words into more than 40 languages.
* Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.
* Customize your homepage: add or remove articles, games, even local weather and personalized horoscope.
* Copy text.
* Search via Android Quick Search Box, including voice-activated searching (for supported devices).
* For app developers: The Free Dictionary.com app has the ability to be accessed by other apps with API calls (Contact Farlex for instructions on accessing TFD